Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Turning over a new leaf...you heard it here first.

I have decided to try something new...taking care of myself. No, I don't mean massages and reflexology and manicures and haircuts and stuff like that. I mean actually going to the doctor, getting my eyeglass prescription updated, going to the dentist twice a year...you know. Taking care of myself.

This is a big deal. I have **conveniently** put the needs and schedules of other people (yea, kids!) ahead of my need to go to the dentist, the doctor, the optometrist... I know I'm not the only one who does this. It's just that I am -- right now -- stopping this practice. I went to the dentist this morning, and by golly, I'm doing it again in a few weeks. So there. And the optometrist, too. And, pretty soon, the doctor. I am all over this.

Now to get down of my high horse. It's a big one, so this may take awhile...

(By the way, I do realize that this picture depicts a kid in a costume, not an actual doctor. I'm fairly certain that my doctor is a little older. and she has a real jacket and office and stuff like that.)

1 comment:

Brave Astronaut said...

Been reading my blog, have you?

Glad to hear that you are taking better care of yourself. Unfortunately, we are not as young as we used to be.