Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The DMV is my friend.

pricklygirl is getting old(er) and had to go renew her license. This follows the indignity of being informed that -- after age 40 -- a documented eye exam is required. Needless to say, it's been a lot of fun in the pricklygirl household (even more than usual) of late.

Well, here's a tale that will warm even the coldest of hearts. I saw a great optomistrist Sunday -- no appointment (he had some stuff to say about my background and age-related eye stuff, but I'm choosing to ignore that for now.) Picked out glasses Sunday afternoon and was told 10-14 business days to get them, though sometimes they arrive in less time. Tuesday was notified that glasses were in. Wednesday, went to DMV armed with papers, work, iPhone, etc, expecting a loooong wait. They were sooooo nice. Twenty minutes later, I was out the door, renewed license in hand.

The moral? Get your eyes tested. You probably do need a new prescription. Get those new glasses. Go to the DMV. You'll be happy you did.

This heartwarming tale has been brought to you by notions of age-related responsibility. Notice I said "age", not "maturity".

No comments: