Tuesday, February 3, 2009

holding pattern

You know, I really should be able to think of something to do with 20 minutes.
But I can't.

And, since I've been sort of neglecting the blog (facebook + twitter + hulu = bad), I'm going to fall back on an old standard...

WHAT'S ON MY iPOD (20 songs in order, no skips)
1. Wilco: Should've Been in Love
2. Blur: Out of Time
3. Nirvana: Breed
4. The Strokes: Hard to Explain
5. U2: Do You Feel Loved?
6. Van Morrison: Brand New Day
7. Radiohead: Morning Bell
8. Rick Springfield: Jessie's Girl
9. TV on the Radio: Bomb Yourself
10. The Apollinaires: Envy the Love
11. Sonic Youth: Mary-Christ
12. The Beatles: I Will
13. The White Stripes: Passive Manipulation
14. Weezer: Possibilities
15. Siouxsee & the Banshees: Dazzle
16. David Bowie: Looking for Water
17. The Minus 5: The Town That Lost Its Groove
18. De La Soul: Magic Number
19. Outkast: Dracula's Wedding
20. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers: Here Comes My Girl
I have no idea what my iPod is trying to tell me. Except that maybe I should delete #8. Oh. And I'm old.
Okay. Your turn. What's on your iPod?

2 comments:

Caitlin Adams said...

Okay:

Green Day, Maria
The Donnas, Drive My Car
The Replacements, I Don't Know
Ok Go, No Signs of Life
The Go-Gos, Head Over Heels
Foxboro Hottubs, Pieces of Truth
The Replacements, Unsatisfied
Pixies, Velouria
Art Brut, St. Pauli
Blur, There's No Other Way
Lily Allen, Smile
Bettie Serveert, Don't Touch That Dial
The White Stripes, You Don't Know What Love Is
Modest Mouse, The View
No Doubt, Marry Me
Juliana Hatfield, Because We Love you
Iggy Pop and Green Day, Supermarket
The Cure, Just Like Heaven
Green Day, Outsider
Graham Coxon, Don't Be a Stranger

I seem to have too much Green Day. Culling music on the iPod seems, well, hard, overwhelming? Choices, choices, choices.

Heather said...

Ted Leo - Bomb Repeat Bomb
Janelle Monae - Sincerely, Jane
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Stevie Wonder-Living for the City
Tricky - Broken Homes
Ryan Adams - Magick
Marlo Thomas & Friends - William's Doll
Morningwood - Take Off Your Clothes
Prince - Erotic City
Nobody Beats The Biz - Biz Markie
Kix - Body Talk
Be Your Own Pet - Becky
Jena Kraus - Mouthful of Cavities
Sebadoh - Willing To Wait
Uncle Tupelo - Moonshiner
Tamara Wellons- Smells Like Teen Spirit
Blossom Dearie - I'm Hip
Saul Williams - Black Stacey
Nenah Cherry - Buffalo Stance
Fatlip - What's Up Fat Lip