Monday, February 2, 2009

thing-a-day 2009 Day 1

Thing-a-day has started, and I am on the ball!

February 1 (day 1):

* Red Velvet cupcakes for Maggie's Tea Party (and the SuperBowl ... the tea party was really just a cover to make childish cupcakes for grownups)

* Chocolate-cherry bread pudding for brunch with my mother-in-law, who also went to Tot soccer and witnessed Maggie actually kick the ball into the goal twice, which is more than Paul ever, ever managed

* Spicy white bean stew for the SuperBowl, which doubled as a knit-in (thanks, Kelly & Monica -- I love traditions!)

* Tea party cut-out paper doll chains, which Maggie and her friend decorated. They were all princesses. Big surprise, that. The girls also played lots of pretend games, all of which seemed to center around a mother and child going on an airplane and being left alone. I have no idea what that was about.

* Finally, progress on Charles' new hat. This is a replacement for the first one I made for him -- a long overdue Christmas present that I had planned to complete during homework in December. Unfortunately, it was comically large. I hope it fits my dad!

So that's Day 1. On to Day 2...I think I can finish the hat today!

No comments: