Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spinning my wheels, running in place.

It's one of those days (weeks, months...) Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's the wide variety work I'm doing for a bunch of different things (description fail). Whatever the reason, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels like mad just to keep in the same place. No real sense of accomplishment. No real sense of movement or change. Just going, going, going. And I am doing just that -- always doing or making or fixing or finding something. If I do sit still for a moment and try to think about what I'm doing, it's nearly impossible to focus in any single direction. And the most frustrating part is that I don't feel like I'm ever actually doing anything for myself. I've heard that's a good thing to do. Rumor has it, anyhow...

What do you do when you feel like this? I'd really like to know.

1 comment:

Jeffe Kennedy said...

I do a few things. I take time off and do something decadent and purely fun. Then I make a list of goals to prioritize what I really *want*. Then I take a step towards making that happen. Seems to help.