Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So...How Goes Spring Break?

Big plans. Biiiig plans.

Well, other than everyone getting sick, not too bad. Lots of dress-up and tattoos. And drawing. And reading. And chaining up small children (that's the boy, not me). It's still too cold to play outside much, and we *could* go do stuff, but that would require making an effort. We've all been down with the nasties, so we're doing a low-key break. Hoping to pull it out with a trip to the beach at week's end though...

Paul and Maggie are scared because they've learned a terrible secret about their mommy...I like ELO (Electric Light Orchestra). Enough that I purchased songs on iTunes. I'm mildly ashamed of this...sort of like admitting that even though you have the world's greatest espresso machine ($10,000, if you're looking for a gift), you secretly frequent Starbucks. Or worse, Dunkin' Dounts. Then again, Paul isn't too scared -- he's been dancing around like a little maniac. We've come into some songs off of "Thriller" (you know you love it too, come on) and Paul is a dancing miracle. If, by dancing miracle, you mean "small boy who has no rhythm and cannot move his hips independent of his entire torso". He's all over that. Last night, he tried break dancing. Wow. Wow. Wow. Personally, I blame Wilco for ignoring my meal invitation. I've had to resort to guilty pleasure music of the '70s and '80s. Stop me now or I'm going to start listening to Peter Frampton and Rod Stewart! Or worse! (Again!)

Finally, did you know that princesses have tattoos? Well they do! They also drool in chocolate. And they don't like to wear clothes unless they are "beeeuoooteeef princess dresses". I don't make the rules, but I do abide by them.

No comments: